Earlier this fall, the Tree Care Industry Association Foundation (TCIAF) partnered with STIHL to provide five colleges with $5,000 to be used towards the purchase of new STIHL equipment. Selected schools will be able to customize their package to help strengthen their college’s tree care program.
We received 35 applications totaling $175,000 in funding requests. All submissions were evaluated on a variety of criteria, including clear plans for growth and development of the program; diversity in location and student mix; level of detail in the application; and financial need. All of the applications were amazing – however, the following five schools had applications that went above and beyond.
- Alabama A&M University – Normal, Alabama
- Cuyahoga Community College – Highland Hills, Ohio (pictured)
- Mt. San Antonio College – Walnut, California
- Southern Maine Community College – South Portland, Maine
- Warren Wilson College – Swannanoa, North Carolina
Congratulations to the winning schools!