As the largest free career development event for students enrolled in horticulture, forestry and related programs at all levels, SCD is a valuable opportunity for students to get an inside look at the field they’re studying. Still need more convincing?
Students and instructors receive complimentary entry to the trade show floor and all of the educational seminars for all three days of TCI EXPO
- Our free students-only Job and Internship Fair features some of the biggest names in tree care and gives students the chance to interview with them
- Students compete in climbing events for the chance to win gift certificates for merchandise, compliments of STIHL
Free food, t-shirts and giveaways
Plus…TCIA has limited funding available through TCIAF to reimburse the students for some of their travel expenses
Ready to attend SCD? Please note that all students must be pre-registered and all students competing in a skills event must also provide signed liability waivers.
Any questions regarding SCD registration please contact Mai Chen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Travel Reimbursement Details
Requests for reimbursement will be considered on a first come, first-served basis. So it literally pays to complete and submit your Registration Form early!
TCIA determines a school’s reimbursement amount based on number of students attending and location. To estimate the reimbursement you could receive, use GoogleMaps to calculate the driving distance from your school to Columbus, Ohio and refer to the details below:
The U.S. is broken into five zones:
- Zone 1 – within 250 air miles of Columbus
- Zone 2 – within 251-500 air miles of Columbus
- Zone 3 – within 501-750 air miles of Columbus
- Zone 4 – within 751-1000 air miles of Columbus
- Zone 5 – over 1000 air miles from Columbus
Travel funds will be awarded at the following rate:
- $20.00 per student/instructor from Zone 1
- $40.00 per student/instructor from Zone 2
- $75.00 per student/instructor from Zone 3
- $100.00 per student/instructor from Zone 4
- $150.00 per student/instructor from Zone 5
TCIA will verify the number of students/instructors actually in attendance at TCI EXPO and then provide the official list of attendees prior to the disbursement of funds after TCI EXPO. In the interest of fairness, TCIAF reserves the right to limit the overall distribution of travel funds to any one school.
Please note: Students competing in skills events MUST submit a liability waiver to be awarded reimbursement – no exceptions!