Thursday, November 4th
10:00 AM – 11:00 PM Career and Interview Prep | Room 209
Take some time with some industry professionals to make sure you have the “soft skills” down that will help you network and expand your career opportunities!
Industry Tour Task – Take a picture and post one of the skills discussed during the Interview Prep session. What was the most valuable skill you learned? Remember to use #RealSTIHL, #TCIEXPOscd, and #SCD2021 when making your post!
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM Lunch | Room 209
Rember to grab lunch and to stay hydrated!
Industry Tour Task – Introduce yourself to another SCD participant from a different school, take a picture, and tag their school in your post. What did you learn about your fellow SCD attendee? Remember to use #RealSTIHL, #TCIEXPOscd, and #SCD2021 when making your post!
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM Young Professionals Forum | Room 209
Learn about how you can begin to develop yourself as a young professional in the industry.
Industry Tour Task – Identify one way you can get involved with TCIA to benefit your career in the tree care industry. Be sure to tag TCIA in your post. Remember to use #RealSTIHL, #TCIEXPOscd, and #SCD2021 when making your post!
1:30 PM – 2:30 PM Mark Chisolm talk – Careers in Arboriculture | Room 209
TASK: What was the biggest piece of advice you learned from the Mark Chisholm talk? Take a photo in the room and post the biggest takeaway from his presentation. Extra credit for tagging Mark Chisholm in your post!
2:30 PM – 4:30 PM Explore the Tradeshow Floor!
Take some time to go around the tradeshow floor and see everything that TCI EXPO has to offer!
Industry Tour Tasks –
- Visit the TCI Magazine Booth and check out this month’s edition of TCI Magazine. Post your magazine wall selfie and let us know your favorite article in this month’s edition!
- Visit the Tree Demos and post a photo (bonus points for posting a video) and describe one technique that you learned during the demonstration.
- Visit the TCI Magazine Trainer’s Test Kitchen/Unboxing Ring. Watch the unboxing of a new product or listen to the trainer’s message. Take a photo of the event and either post the product name, and tag the company for a product, or list the trainer’s name and training subject.
- Visit the Skills Arena hosted by NATS and post a picture with one skill demonstrated during your time there. Tag NATS for a bonus entry!
- Visit the Stihl booth, take a photo, and tag the company, captioning what you learned during your time at the booth.
Remember to use #RealSTIHL, #TCIEXPOscd, and #SCD2021 when making your post!
4:30 PM – 7:30 PM – Welcome Reception | Hall I
Join all of the TCI EXPO Attendees for our Welcome Reception!
Industry Tour Tasks – It’s time to network! Post a picture at the Welcome Reception. Bonus entry to those who try the climbing wall.